Currently the server is handling:
- Samba based NT domain + File server
- Mail (Exim + IMAPd)
- Web (Apache)
- FTP (ProFTPd)
- Fax (HylaFax)
- MySQL Databases
- some minor/non-critical services
And the mystery for me are the next set of question:
- To which release of Fedora to update?
- How to update (cd update/cd clean install/apt-get distr-upgrage/anything else)?
- Should I leave the same soft or should I replace something (like Exim -> Postfix, IMAPd -> Cyrus IMAP)?
- What problems may occur?
- How much time the whole process can take?
- How to make it with minimum downtime?
In addition – I have space (but a bit old) P3 machine which I can use in any way during the setup.
So what – any ideas???
I thought of moving as much as possible to the P3 machine (web,ftp,mail,samba,mysql), then reinstalling (fresh install) the main server, then move everything back from P3 machine, but I assume that someone may have some better ideas :)